Memorial Day

Subject: Memorial Day
From: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:00:24 -0400
I want to thank all of the Veterans and family members of veterans that are on
the list for the contributions that you have made to the freedoms that we all
too often take for granted.  I especially want to remember those that made the
ultimate sacrifice for their country - either by giving their own life, or the
life of a son, daughter, husband, wife, brother or sister - for the common
good.  Even though the Military is viewed in a more positive public light now
than they were just a decade ago, I personally don't believe that enough thanks
can be given to these brave souls.

If you are out an about - any day, but especially today - and you meet a combat
veteran, thank them for what they had to endure.  The weight that they carry is
more than anyone should be asked to bear, but they did it voluntarily and ask
for very little in return.  Some of our veterans had been made to be ashamed of
their service which is sad.  (My father - on the rare occasion that he spoke
about his time in Vietnam - would almost always relate that when he arrived
back in the US after his combat tours, that he was greeted by jeering
protesters that spat on him and called him names such as baby burner)

I am not looking to make a political statement about if the Vietnam war or any
other war is just or not.  I just think that we need to show the professional
soldier our gratitude for their service.  They typically are the last to want
to go to war because their lives are literally on the line, but they go with
dignity and honor.

My hat is off to you today (and always) my brothers in arms......

Sidney W. Raper Jr.
US Army Field Artillery - Separated

Mandatory Roadster content - actually touched both Roadster projects yesterday
- they had tools piled on them because I had to work on BOTH daily drivers.
Damn, I hate it when EVERYTHING seems to break at once!!