Re: http://roadster.classiczcars.com/

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: http://roadster.classiczcars.com/
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:33:59 -0700
>Sid Wrote - I looked at it to see about posting the Road Atlanta pics, but
was put off by the fact that the pictures have to be approved before they
can be
viewed....

Sorry it put you off, or maybe more disappointed than sorry. Yes, it has
some control. It's open, anyone can enter anonymously. given that kind of
access, a certain portion of the population has been well known to do some
strange things. When someone posts a photo, I get an email to check it and
approve. If I see a Datsun, or even sports car related I let it pass. I
check in regularly to do my dammedness to make sure no one is waiting too
long to see the photos.

Maybe it doesn't suit you because you have your own web page structure to
place your photos on? If that's the case, then, This page is truly geared
more to those who do not have such resource.  Anyway, there's been some
strange vibe from a few I never expected since the project started. Even
accused by one as being competitive.

It's meant as a resource to this group. It's not my ego trip. I don't know
enough about it to take any credit or blame. Use it or don't. If it takes
off, I believe I'm expected to buy it out from the classicZcar org and
obtain it's own separate domain. (I really don't have any idea what that
means or entails) If it goes nowhere, and becomes static, we lose a
resource.

It has lots of other features, the links page is still open for clubs,
vendors, Info pages and private roadster pages.  Just write in your link.
Yes, I have to approve of those submittals too. If only to keep duplicate
link listings, is reason enough?