Datsun Roadsters dominate CSP at PPIR

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Roadsters dominate CSP at PPIR
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:15:19 -0600
Hey folks,
This past weekend, the Hondas and Mazdas were no match for Datsun
roadsters at the SCCA Solo 2 events at Pikes Peak International Raceway.
 In a class with 9 drivers in CSP class, Tom Hoagland and I in our
2000's took 2nd and 1st place respectively, both days.  I coned every
run Saturday but I cleaned it up on Sunday with no cones.  Tom's
performance was very commendable since he just started this sport late
last season and this was one of his first events since moving from ES to
CSP.  It was a very fast course both days but somehow I managed to beat
all the Corvettes (SS and ASP) except one, on Sunday.  Now the Mazdas
know what ZOOM-ZOOM really is :-)  We got to watch some road racing on
the track too.  There were no roadsters on the road course but did see
Karl McColl's 510 (who ran in the Mid-Ohio Run-Offs last year) running.
 While working the course, I talked to one of the photographers for the
new Classic Motorsports magazine.  I mentioned it was a good photo op
for him to get some shots of 2 Datsun roadsters (mine and Tom's) that
were in eye sight about 50 yards away.  I was too busy to see if he
actually took some shots though.
Gary