RE: Datsun Roadsters dominate CSP at PPIR

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Datsun Roadsters dominate CSP at PPIR
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:13:43 -0600
Gary Boone wrote:
 >This past weekend, the Hondas and Mazdas were no match for Datsun
 >roadsters at the SCCA Solo 2 events at Pikes Peak International
 >Raceway.
 >
 > In a class with 9 drivers in CSP class, Tom Hoagland and I in our
 >2000's took 2nd and 1st place respectively, both days... It was a
 >very fast course both days but somehow I managed to beat all the
 >Corvettes (SS and ASP) except one, on Sunday.  Now the Mazdas know
 >what ZOOM-ZOOM really is :-)

   I would add that while I don't have anything brag about, there were
THREE roadsters racing last weekend! I took last in CSP ;( , but I'm
still learning and I'm having so much fun I don't care (too much)!

   But let me tell ya Tom and Gary are getting noticed!! I'm having
increasing troubles understanding what all the hype is about newer
technology cars, suspensions, etc, when these 2 can kick butt!
   What a blast!!

   Ok.. to make me feel better :) , I'd like to add that while my
problem is probably substantially PEBSAS (Problem Exists Between
Steeringwheel And Seat), I'm also the only roadster (if not the entire
class!) running street tires, stock suspension and stock rear end.
   Gary and Tom are great guys and a blast to hang around with; many
thanks to both for all the mechanical and coaching assists!

p.s. Gary's license plate frame is EARNED:
      "Warning I brake for Corvette's"

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org