Left rear loss of lug nuts

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Left rear loss of lug nuts
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:35:16 +0000
To List,

As I finally have my car on the road, I've now noticed something I never had
a problem with before.  My left rear wheel keeps losing lug nuts.  I have
the 280zx 6 spoke wheels w/ the proper lug nuts (wheel components model #
5302 I think or close to that).  Anyway, I lose them at a constant rate,
usually one about every 3-5 miles of city driving.  I tighten them and they
still come loose, but only from that wheel.  Has anyone else encountered
this?  Nothing has been done to thg car that could cause this that I'm aware
of.  Car has new rear bearings and seals, resurfaced drums, new rear brake
cylinders, new shoes, etc.  I was planning on using locktite (blue or medium
strength) but I'm concerned that I would have to use locktite to keep wheel
on.  Studs are in good shape wiht no noticable wear.  Studs not stripped and
lug nuts tighten smootly like all teh others.

Any advice?  Or is this just some vindictive ex-girlfriend that I'm unaware
of!!??!!  TIA!!

Allen
1970 2000
Wenatchee, WA