RE: Left rear loss of lug nuts

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Left rear loss of lug nuts
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:19:21 -0700
Allen:

As I learned from experience on our first Solvang outing, loose lugnuts
ain't a problem till the wheel falls off :) And yes, it was the left rear
that came off! I have followed an almost religious ritual of torquing
lugnuts before a long trip or after removing a wheel. Even if I only remove
one wheel, I recheck all the lugs. Over-cautious--perhaps, but I haven't
lost a wheel since. If torquing does not do the trick, I would check the
studs. I have had a couple stretch and break off.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600