Heater valve rebuild

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater valve rebuild
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:26:22 EDT
Hello all,

       Since I've got the head off of my '66 and the heater valve is way
stiff and because it is such a pain to get to with the head on, I removed and
rebuilt it. It is the one that screws together unlike the later crimped ones.
The
two O rings are common sizes. 1- 1/16x15/16x1/16 (#33) and 1/2x3/8x1/16(#7),
picked them up at Home Depot in the plumbing section. Used plumbers grease to
lube it up inside, also in the plumbing section. Now it turns easily and
doesn't leak. Also replaced the inside of the control cable that goes to it,
0.055"
music wire from the hobby store.
       If things go at all well I'll have it all together for Shasta.

                         keith