clutch woes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch woes
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:35:26 -0500
greetings
My clutch is slipping (2L-5speed).  I have adjusted the clutch so there is a
bit of free-play between the slave and the clutch arm and it is still
slipping.  Quite a bit at take off, but it locks up pretty well until things
warm up, then I can get it to clip while crusing. The age of the current
clutch is unknown.
I assume this means I need a new clutch.
I am thinking of ordering a clutch kit from one of the vendors, as well as a
rear main seal.  Is there a better clutch to get or should I just go stock?
Car is used for "spirited" cruising, no racing.  Anything else I should take
care of or look for while the motor is out- (short of complete rebuild)?
Come to think of it, now would be a perfect time for new motor mounts too.

Also, any sage words of advise would be welcome for my first engine pull
(not that I am planning on making this  a habit).

Erik Smeby
2L 1600
Savage, MN