Re: Temp sensor out put question

To: "Eric Wittinger" <ewittinger@pixelworks.com>,
Subject: Re: Temp sensor out put question
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:12:31 -0700
The sender only changes resistance hence no voltage output.

Stan
============

At 08:48 AM 7/3/03 -0700, Eric Wittinger wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>In preparation for the long journey to Shasta I figure I should have my
temp sensor working.
>Situation:
>
>It was working fine, then it stopped registering. Everything is connected
still, but the temp sensor in the engine will spin in its housing
(difficult but it will rotate).
>To debug this before I pull the temp sensor that is there out, I want to
make sure it is the sender unit and not the gauge is bad. Question what
voltage range does the sensor output. This will let me test the output of
the sensor  and the gage functionality