RE: Powder coating

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Powder coating
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 12:32:28 -0700
Given the fact that wheels are visible and get bumped and kicked and
rock-chipped a lot, I would probably not powder coat them. If you paint them
yourself with a good quality spray paint, you can always quickly and cheaply
fix any blemishes that happen. The frame? Well, you're going to have to
remove the powder coating from grounding areas or mask these areas before it
is done. I found out that powder coat is a very good insulator when I had my
dash done!

Does anyone know how powder coating holds up to exhaust temperatures over
the long run, especially through the X-member?

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600