stupid timing question.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: stupid timing question.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 17:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        So I am checkinmg my timing and man I feel
stupid.  Which of the marks is 0?  I have the pointer
on the engine and the timing marks are marked in white
on the pully. When I am standing on the pass side
and looking at the them is 0 the mark closest to me?
I have the timing light on the #1 cylinder and I swear the
timing is all wacky.  I have the MSD ignition and pertronix.
I have a advancing timing light and the last time I timed the engine
I just set it to 31 deg and had Irene rev the engine till full advance
was in and set the pointer to indicate 0. I figured that way I would
have safe advance and the idle would be whatever it was.
Someone help I am starting my anual need to get ready for Shasta
freak out. THe bad flex brake lines started it....
  Thanks,
        Daniel Neuman
        69 2000
        Oakland CA