I WON!!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I WON!!!
From: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:57:20 -0400
All,
    Just thought I'd share my good feelings!  In my first SCCA Solo 2
autocross in my '69 2000 Solex, I came in first place today in the Novice
class.  I was so happy just to get a trophy, but I didn't expect to beat
everyone in that class by a full 2 seconds.  Many thanks to Brian Hollands who
helped me tune my carbs before my final few runs.  He did very well in his
Solex 2000 but he was running in the C Street-Prepared class (which I'll
probably have to do now too!)  I finished with a 49.7 best time and I think he
was 49.6.  With still needing a "B" cam, proper jetting, and a serious front
end alignment, I should stay competitive in that class.  I should have some
pictures up soon.  If you've never done an autocross in your Roadster, YOU
SHOULD!!!  It was so much fun, and everyone loves those cars and can't believe
it when a 30+ year old $2000 car is blowing the doors off their new $30,000
"sports cars"  Well have fun, and stay tuned.

Woody
'69 2000
Clearwater, FL