Re: Air Horn Lengths

To: "Bryan Martin" <bmartin@tlvengineering.com>
Subject: Re: Air Horn Lengths
From: "Thomas - Sweden" <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:22:56 +0200 (CEST)
The general guideline is the longer the airhorns are the more low rpm
power you'll get. Measure from intake valve to airhorn and you will get
about 18-20 inches on many engines with peak hp about 6000 rpm. The
ideal length for any engine will have to be determined by dyno tests. I
have seen curved airhorns on cars where space around the engine is a
problem.

Thomas