Getting your engine running.

To: <sh92@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Getting your engine running.
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:08:58 -0700
I was once stumped after an head replacement.  Couldn't get her running for
love nor money even though I thought I had everything right.  It was almost a
day before I finally realized that I had my cam rotated 180 degrees off.  It
has been a really long time since I worked on this part of the engine but, as
I recall, it was pretty easy to do.  Help me out here team, but as I recall,
the marks line up but the lobes are off.  It ended up being a pretty easy fix
too - just removed the upper gear, rotated the engine until the marked lined
up once again, reattached the gear and she fired right up.  I'm not saying
this is your problem but if all else fails, it's worth checking.  As I also
recall, I did get some detonation.....

Jon