Re: Back from Mt Shasta

To: "Perry Smith" <tpsmithstl@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Back from Mt Shasta
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:28:31 -0700
Perry,

I used to think all roadster engines shook and rocked from side to side while
idling. Now I know better, it doesn't have to be that way.When I rebuilt my
2000 four years ago, I rebuilt the carbs and matched them as closely as I
could. The engine purred at low idle with no shimmy or shake, and had smooth
acceleration. A lot of problems can be traced to poorly tuned carbs. I'm going
to have Keith Williams do a set for me so they'll last longer than me doing
them.

Fred - SSF
'66 2L
'70 1600