Re: Trunk mounted Battery

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trunk mounted Battery
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:34:04 -0700
Brian:

I relocated the battery to the trunk "twice"....

The first time I didn't fabricate a strong enough battery mount & tie down,
was sharing my 2000 with a friend's Dad at an auto-x,
and the car wouldn't start after one of his runs.
Looked in the trunk and found the battery had ripped loose
during his auto-x run, also managed to slightly dent the rear fender
from bouncing around in there.

Next time I fabricated a mount for the battery box from angled steel brackets,
through bolted the mounting brackets to the trunk floor
and securely screwed down the battery hold down to the floor brackets.
Battery stayed put after that.

Optima battery.........................
I don't have one in the roadster now, but it will be the next battery in
the roadster.
I have Optima batteries in several other cars,
especially cars that are parked for long periods of time
during the Idaho winters.......
I have only had one Optima give me problems and it was replaced completely free
under their guarantee.
I know the price is double other batteries,
but given their excellent performance, sealed construction,
and robust cranking power.....
I would rate Optima batteries as an excellent choice for a car
you plan to keep for many years.

John Atchison
69 2000
Idaho Falls