RE: Grinding Reverse

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Grinding Reverse
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:01:35 -0700
How's your clutch adjustment? It sounds like the clutch isn't fully
disengaging. Reverse will grind before the forward gears because there is no
synchro on reverse. Make sure there is a small amount of play at the clutch
arm when the spring is detached (Item #36, 37 in the following diagram).
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/29.gif

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org