O/T - Urgent request from Calspeed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: O/T - Urgent request from Calspeed
From: CafeRC51@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:52:42 EDT
Hello,

I am sorry for this totally non Roadster related topic.  I am in need of a
person that has excellant internet searching skills!  This is only for five
hours on Saturday morning, July 19th Pacific Standard Time.  9am to about 2pm.

Okay... here is the situation.  I am signed up for a running race this
weekend here in San Francisco.  The event is called the Urban Challange. <A
HREF="www.urbanchallenge.com">
www.urbanchallenge.com</A>.

This is a foot race throughout San Francisco where the competitors have to
search out locations within the City.  Each team is given 12 clues to different
areas within the City.  I would need to figure out the clue/riddle and run to
that location and take a digital picture of myself at that location.  After
the picture is taken I can move onto the next clue which can be as far as the
opposite end of the City.  The runners can use public transportation for the
run
but cannot use a car or motorcycle or rollerblades or bicycle etc.  Either
run or public transportation.

We had a good team of folks working in the background.  We had a guy in the
firehouse who is a SF historian.  We got the guy who works the front door at
the Sir Francis Drake Hotel and we got another guy who knows the computer
pretty
good.  And then we had two runners, myself and my partner.

Today we got to drop outs from the team.  The historian guy will not be
available because he has to go away and refuses to carry a cell phone.  ???
;>(
The second guy is all of a sudden unavailable as he went to Tahoe for the
weekend.

All we got is my buddy on the computer who is not too good and actually quite
slow in searching out info.  He is also on duty at the firehouse and may not
always be available to look up info or "Ask Jeeve's" any questions.  <A
HREF="www.ask.com">
www.ask.com</A>

We paid big money to do this race!  Now our teams is falling apart.  We need
help!  We feel that we are pretty well informed and in good enough shape to
possibly make it to the top ten finishers which would give us the opportunity
go to the Nationals.

I come to the almighty Roadster List for help.  Is there anyone that is
willing to be a part of the team and sit at the ready at the computer to help
me
search out stuff on the internet.  Please... savvy internet searching skills
please.  A fast internet connection is very helpful.  Knowledge of SF is not
that
necessary but it would help.  But we do need someone with good computer and
internet skills as we will be calling you while we are running to different
locations.

I know this is a silly request but I figured this is the best place to turn
to in our desperate time of need.  You can reach me at the following number.  I
will be in debt to you and if ever in SF dinner is on me.

Please call me at any time.  I am on duty at the firehouse and will have my
phone on all night.  You will not be disturbing me.

Thank you,

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
415 420-1989
<A HREF="http://www.urbanchallenge.com";>http://www.urbanchallenge.com</A>