Clutch unadjustable

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch unadjustable
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:37:49 -0700 (PDT)
All,

This is going to sound silly but I can't get my clutch into adjustment.  Even
when the clutch slave is clearly adjusted so that the throwout is touching the
leafs springs on the inside of the clutch the gears grind when the clutch is
engauged.

I've bled and rebled and am pretty sure that I don't have any air pocket.  The
only other thoughts I had were 1) got the wrong master from a supplier who had
it incorrectly cross listed 2) got the wrong clutch from an in incorrected
cross list 3) put the clutch in backwards (although I doubt it)

Could someone tell me the specs on the master  (U20), like how much of a fluid
column I should get from depressing the pedal?

Have other people gotten the wrong clutch parts by mistake?  Is this something
that generic suppliers are known to mess up?

Or does anyone else have any ideas.  This is so simple I'm ashamed to say I'm
stumped and I really don't want to rip the engine out and start over again.

Nathaniel