Re: Clutch unadjustable

To: <nmleeds@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch unadjustable
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@texoma.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:13:30 -0500
Could be air in the master cylinder.  It can sometimes be a pain to get it
all out.

Or, it could be a bad pilot bushing.  If bad, it can grab the input shaft
and spin it causing the problem you describe.

Try taking the line off of the master cylinder and run a short hose back to
the reservoir.  Then pump until you are POSITIVE that all of the air is out.
Hook the line back up and bleed the slave.  If this doesn't clear it up I
would be suspicious of the pilot bushing.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX
SRL311-13359