Re: dead electrical

To: <Tucson2LSolex@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dead electrical
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:41:13 -0500
If I remember correctly, that particular wire is your horn button... pretty
much the only electrical system that will work on a roadster with the amp
guage (aka, expensive fuse).    You've got a quick and easy fix by
connecting the two wires from the amp gauge together and your car should
have power again.   Definately find out what was causing the issues and
correct them though!     I had a similar problem in my wifes '67 1600... its
now corrected with a new harness, GM alternator  (after an expensive new
original one blew up) w/ fusible link installed between it and the main
wiring, and 30 amp fuses on both the amp guage wires.   In as much as I like
our vendors, I have no desire to be replacing that $50+ amp gauge again, so
no chances that this sucker is gonna melt down!

Good luck!!!
Eric
Troy, IL