Cam tower shims -- saga continues

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam tower shims -- saga continues
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:28:27 -0400
Ok, the nearly year-long saga of getting my mechanic/machinist to fix the
little red bull dog (that's what I call her, but she's SRL311-07278)
continues. I finally got him to stop fixing the easy stuff and crack her
open. Cam busted in half. You guys were right, bowed 0.025" in the middle
on top. Musta warped and milled only the mating surface.

Got the new cam, new valves, springs, etc. Had two sets of rocker arms and
got one decent set of 8 out of those.

Now that he's milled the top of the head even with the block mating
surface, he needs to shim up the cam towers to get the valve train right --
can't adjust the lifters right.

So, who's got cam tower shims and in what thicknesses? Any other advice
specific for this head for my machinist?
Alex in Staunton, VA