changed exhaust, now roadster backfires

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: changed exhaust, now roadster backfires
From: "Cohen, David M" <d.cohen@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:01:23 -0700
Hi all,
  I had my original mufflers/resonators and exhaust pipe replaced with
2" pipe, a flex coupler, a glass pack, a resonator and a new header.  My
car was running fine with the old stuff.  Now the car backfires terribly
on deceleration.  I have not found any intake or exhaust leaks.  I am
running Solex carburetors with 135 main, 185 main air, and 52.5 pilot
jets.  Do I need to change the jets due to the less restrictive 2" pipe
and glass pack?  I have also tried adjusting the air/fuel mixture
several times.  The car smells like it is running very rich which I
never noticed with the old exhaust system.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David Cohen
510-354-4005