RE: U20 Temp Sender

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: U20 Temp Sender
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:39:15 -0700
No. There's a collar that is integral to the sending unit about halfway down
it's length that bottoms out against a shoulder in the hole. The gland nut
bottoms out against the backside of the collar.

You *should* be able to remove the gland nut and not have a leak unless you
wiggle the sending unit. Usually there is enough corrosion that getting the
sending unit out is a real challenge anyway.

Of course, this means that it will probably pop out on you when you remove
the gland nut. Things just work that way.