Re: Stroker Carbs

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Stroker Carbs
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:40:29 -0700 (PDT)
Yes brick wall, but I experianced this at 5000.
      I have a portable fuel mixture machine made by Kal Equipment. It's a
professional exhaust gas analyzer you can use while driving your car. Very
compact and small. It has a probe that you put in the tailpipe while driving.
You can watch the fuel ratio change while also monitoring the RPM. I used to
use this to tune cars and found it extremely useful with multi circuited carbs
to watch transition fuel/air readings enabling me to tweak certain adjustments
to get the results I wanted. On the particular car above fuel mixture went to
15 to 1 and would slowly move past this and drop to 14 to 1 at 6000.
      It was a $450.00 investment at the time, but saved me hours of scratching
my head.  I may consider loaning it to those who are struggling with ? problems.
                           Dean