RE: O/T California State Government Pipe Specifications

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: O/T California State Government Pipe Specifications
From: "Bill Murdock" <BMurdock@SANITARYPROCESSSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 09:47:02 -0400
Mike,

Our company did a rather large piping installation outside of San
Francisco several years ago. We were very careful to furnish all the
pipe in conformance with applicable State of California Government Pipe
Specifications.

We soon realized that Item 12 as specified led to on-site failures in
the finished joint since, in fact, a straight coupling does unscrew from
the previous pipe as it is being screwed onto the next pipe.

Our pipefitters requested that we furnish all fittings with mixed
right-hand/ left hand thread. Our purchasing agent could not locate
elbows or couplings threaded opposite-hand. Nor could our pipe machines
thread opposite-hand to match the required fittings. It was a mess. We
ended up welding everything. We haven't worked in California since.

Bill M
68 2L...still in pieces