67 fuel gauge failure

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67 fuel gauge failure
From: "Joe Jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:32:34 -0400
This may be old stuff to many but it may save headaches for some ,and a few
bucks. My fuel gauge wouldn't budge from below zero. The temperature gauge
worked so the voltage feed source had to be OK ( the feed from the small
column-mounted voltage regulator feeds only the temp and fuel gauges). but I
got no voltage at the gauge when I contacted the base of the terminal (
sliding wire connector not removed)..It turned out after removing the sliding
terminal that ,hidden from sight by the opaque insulating tube, the sliding
terminal had broken providing no voltage to the gauge. Solder solved this
problem . Thusly I  did not have to dismantle the dash and the gauge was not
faulty ,aaltho it took some contortioning to accomplish      ....Joe     My
sleeping beauty goes out for painting Monday