non-datsun problem..Mercedes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: non-datsun problem..Mercedes
From: "Joe Jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:41:11 -0400
This is an appeal to the team's genius group ..my 1988 Mercedes 300TE wagon
(130K miles) stalls at erratic intervals when idling, sometimes
often,sometimes only at lengthy intervals.A bit of black smoke and soot
indicating richness led to new injectors, new plugs...car runs smoother but no
improvement in stalling. Fuel pump and pressure checked over a period of
time..OK.    At ALLDATA suggestion over voltage protection relay replaced..no
help. Car runs fine otherwwise, perfect starting, good  acceleration
etc.Apologies for non-datsun question ..any suggestions?

Joe
Baldwinsville NY

( re restoration of 67 SPL311-14742..it's out for painting.. I am struggling
with windshield frame redo..glass good ,frame plating bad !!)