Restorations

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Restorations
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:15:31 -0400
I have not seen the quality of restorations as done by Ross or by Mike
Young.  I have seen Tom Phelan's car which was done by Les.  I have heard
good about all of them.  I have heard some prices for restorations that were
done by at least a couple of these vendors.  While most folks would choke at
the price, I found something that gives a frame of reference.

I was looking for Sunbeam Tiger information and found the website of someone
that had their car at 3 restoration shops.  One of those is Jeff Lilly
Restoratoins - the same site that a while back someone posted the link to.
I don't know anything about the 3 shops that this guy dealt with, but I
would think that a car such as a Sunbeam Tiger would be less expensive to
restore that a Roadster in similar condition due to the common drivetrain
components, an active national club and several companies that make repro
parts for them.  If you are interested in the comments and details, check
out these links:

The Sunbeam owner's site:

http://people.txucom.net/gswaybright/65_tiger.htm

and the comment site that he posted with the reply by Jeff Lilly:

http://www.buyclassiccars.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=88&forum_id=56&Topic_Title=Unhappy+customer&forum_title=Jeff+Lilly+Restorations%2C+Ltd%2E&M=True&S=True

Based on this, I would wonder why anyone with a Roadster would not go to one
of the vendors if they are not doing the work themselves.

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060
1967 SRL311 00076