Re: Lug nut help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lug nut help
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:09:29 -0500 (CDT)
They probably have the 7/16 lug nuts instead of the metric.  The later
models had the metrics.  I have had good luck with the www.summitracing.com
lugnuts.  There are name brand ones and then the generic summit ones.  I got
the summit ones and they are good quality.  I recently purchased a set of
blister packaged ones at the local autoparts store.  They were really poor.
The threads streched and they stuck on the studs.  One stud broke when I
tried to crank it off.  I had to cut two other lugs in half to get the wheels
off.  It is worth it to get the good quality ones.  I went to a old time
mom and pop tire shop.  They had a big organizer full of new lug nuts.  I
dug through for a while until I found a bunch of 7/16 x 20 and some washers.
The guy told me that they didn't have any use for those sizes anymore and
he gave them to me for free.  What a bargain!  I would try the 7/16 x 20
lug nuts first before ordering the oversized shank ones.  I seriously doubt
that those wheels you have are the metric ones.

Andy