carb insulator block?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: carb insulator block?
From: WAYNOMOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:18:12 EDT
I have a 1600 Roadster. The flexible rubber carb insulator block from cars to
intake manifold (I think that is what it is called) has a small surface
crack. I do not want to run engine too much because I am afraid it will crack
through and let too much air into cylinder.

All I see as replacement in catalogs is something that looks solid and has
placr for bolt/stud all the way through...so that it must make a solid
connection to the manifold.

Is this a replacement part and if so how do you make the connection? I think
the one I have is an early engine -- what kind of stud do I need in order to
replace rubber with newer hard insulator?

Thanks, Wayne Moore
Preparing a GP 1600