air compressors

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: air compressors
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:36:41 -0700
Here's what's up..The first one we got just stopped working, the second one
does not regulate the air in the tank to 175psi, it stops at 145psi
according to the gauge.  Now chemistry was a while ago but I do know that
PV=nKT.  Right now the compressor has a hard time keeping up with our air
tools.  Most of the tools we have (ratchet, impact driver, air hammer) run
at 90 psi.  The compressor can not keep up.  Irene was hammering out the old
mortar on our stairs and kept having to stop and wait for the air compressor
to reload.
        Here's the question, I am going to return this compressor for a
correctly working unit.  Should the new unit be able to keep up with the
tools or should I step up to the next bigger unit.  The big daddy 60 gal
240V 2 stage 175psi model?  It's about a hundred bucks more and is not
portable.
        What do y'all think?
                Thanks,
                Daniel Neuman