carb assistance

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb assistance
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:09:06 -0700
hi all,

I have my carbs screwed up big time. I have tried to follow the instructions
on 311s.org. I have the two carbs unhooked from the bar. I have both carbs
pulling the same on the gauge. I cannot seem to get the fuel adjusted. the
carbs are rebuilt by the way. the front one never seems to lean out. I can
screw it all the way in but I do not get the "its on 2 cylinders" effect. if I
screw both carbs fuel nuts in all the way is there a starting point to turn
them out to? the timing is set as well. I think the carbs are the reason im
overheating. the car was around 190 for 30 minutes or so until I tried to
adjust the fuel. then it went up to around 205/210 range. almost forgot, the
rear carb was overflowing at one point also. I had the fuel nut all the way
screwed in and was trying to do the front.

thx for the help!

mike