Re: air compressors

To: neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air compressors
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:02:36 EST
Dan;
       Get a handfull of "T" fittings,pipe connectors, ball valves and female
air connectors.  Make a manifold for the outlet of the compressor: a series
of "T"'s each with a valve and connector.  Now you can connect different lines
and individually shut them off.
       Run a line from the drain to some convenient spot and put a ball valve
on that.  Now you can blow down the compressor without crawling under it.
       If you don't have isolation pads, mud flap or conveyor belting works
fine.  I do recommend shooting the compressor down to the floor; they are very
top-heavy.
       On the wall near the compressor you will probably want to mount two
filter/regulator units.  One with an oiler for running air tools, one with a
drier for paint sprayers.

 Have Fun!  I think you will use it a lot!

Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO
67 1600 "Liza"