Re: air compressors

To: Daniel Neuman <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Subject: Re: air compressors
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:53:41 -0600 (CST)
I installed a Porter Cable 7hp/60 Gallon compressor a few months ago and
ran the copper line right to the compressor. The compressor came with
isolation pads, which I used. I don't think there is enough vibration to
require a flex line to it..only time will tell.

My copper is 1", and runs unsupported from near the floor, up to above the
top of the tank, across the tank, then to the outlet connection. All
together, about 6 feet of pipe to act as a flex line!

Since it is always difficult to get to the drain valve on the bottom of
the tank, and a mess when you can, I installed an electrically operated
valve in the bottom of the tank, then routed the outlet out throug the
wall where it can drain without the mess. Eventually I want to put a
controller on it so the tank will drain each night, or after so many hours
running, but that is way down the list of things to do.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA