Re: Was - Re: Coughing/hesitation problem, Is: Change in

To: "Gary K. McCormick" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: Was - Re: Coughing/hesitation problem, Is: Change in
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:39:54 -0500
I remember checking out a 2000 Roadster for a friend's brother that made the
same banging sound. If that wasn't bad enough the tranny was shot and
couldn't be shifted into 2nd and grinded going into other gears.

The guy was asking for $3K for that POS.

Oh, did I mention it had lots of rust too.

I laughed at the guy and walked away and my friend's brother was very
disappointed but happy he didn't waste his money as he almost bought it
thinking it was a simple problem to fix.  I never heard an engine do that
before and at first I was stumped as to what could make that horrendous
noise.

Mike