Re: tires,,, turn signals

To: joseph jackson <rimshot@a-znet.com>
Subject: Re: tires,,, turn signals
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 08:44:21 -0600 (CST)
Joe,

The turn signal switch is located right below the steering wheel. It is
where the turn signal stalk goes into the column. If you have power at
both therminals of the flasher, check the bullet connectors coming out of
the switch, they are right over the column, just behind the dash.

Do the dash light indicators come on when you turn the turn signals on? If
not, I suspect the wire going from the turn signal flasher to the column
switch.

Oh, one other thing just came to mind. Starting in 67.5 Datsun put a 4 way
flasher switch in. It is mounted by the hood release, under the dash. If
it is not installed there should be a jumper plug inserted into its
harness connector. If the switch is present itmay be dirty. You should be
able to open the switch up and clean the contacts.Lubricate the switch
with silicone grease. The 4 way flasher switch is not in the wiring
diagram, but the power for the turn signals does go through it.  Also note
that if you have a 4 way flasher switch you have a second flasher! It may
be that the flasher you are measuring power on is the one for the 4 way
flasher. Take another look for a second flasher.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA

<snip>