Re: Another Dream Garage poster

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another Dream Garage poster
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:36:10 -0600
>datsunmike:

> Al, the service manager,
> always takes good care of me. We know each other since we each had full head
> of hair - and that was a looong time ago :)

Know the feeling. I've known Corky Bell and Joe Flores since not too long
after we bought our 2000 in '70. Corky has a small shop in Arlington and did
tune ups on the 2000, and later our first 510. I enlisted and much later
ended up in Hawaii, he got into the turbo charging business and moved to San
Antonio. Joe was parts manager at Earl Hughes Datsun where we bought both of
those cars. Both Corky and Joe were active racing roadsters and sedans.

About 5 years ago I was at Courtesy Nissan just north of Dallas one Saturday
talking to one of the parts guys who's a good friend and 510 nut, when this
slightly balding guy walks up and says something to the effect, "Didn't you
used  to buy 510 parts from me at Earl Hughes"?

It was Joe, who was Courtesy's service manager at the time. More recently I
re-established contact with Corky, and we're trying to coordinate our
schedules to find a time after the first of the year to get together. He was
really surprised that there's as much active interest in both roadsters and
510s.

Small world, but a fun one.

Ron