plug wires?

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: plug wires?
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:26:38 -0700
Aaargghhhh. So, one of the plugwires I bought from NAPA last April crapped
out on me (arcing out the back of the boot, and NO I don't pull 'em by
the wire). I took it back to NAPA and the 1 box they had of the same
part # (Belden 7mm 4620), all the wires were around 4" shorter!! ??!
Well, the first set WAS mostly 3-4" too long, so I went ahead and exchanged
them, but now the #1 cyl wire is too short! I put an old one in (about an
1" longer) for now, but am wondering DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT WIRE
SET IS FROM NAPA? I went thru my old roadster emails and didn't see anything
really definitive. They didn't have them in their catalog, altho
www.napaonline.com lists SPL311's (go figure. I could try 'em, but would
have to order them). I've tried 210 wires and they are too long (maybe
that's the 4620's? I don't know where I got that nbr!). Anyway, my first
choice would be to get the *right* NAPA part nbr and swap. 2nd choice
would be to upgrade (I don't do radio, so would just as soon have *wire*
wires), preferably with NAPA (see if they'll credit me with the old ones).
But I've been thru maybe 3-4 sets of wires in the 6.5 yrs I've owned the car
and I'm really getting sick and tired of screwing with wire failures. Just
sold our '93 Quest with 174,000 miles on it and the ORIGINAL wires!

thanks,
dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org