Re: Distributor Question

To: "James Richards" <jmr407@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Distributor Question
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:49:05 -0600
I used a white lithium grease to grease up a breaker plate.  Watch for the
little ball bearings and check them for flat spots.   You'll probably see
some grooves in the plate itself too.  Hopefully, they won't be so grooved
that you have to replace ... that does make a bit of a difference in the
correct running of the car.     Also, you will most likely see/feel a little
miss at about 4000 rpm... floating points.  Very typical...

Or, you could avoid all this by getting an Electronic Distributor from Mr.
Gary Boone...    http://www.nowroc.com/Webpages/Techtips/ElDizzy.htm
I have two of them installed on my running roadsters... what a difference!!

Best of luck on whatever you decide!

Eric