Re: SRL311-00489 update and rev question.

To: solex675@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: SRL311-00489 update and rev question.
From: Phill Brook <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:21:32 +1100
Andrew,
IIRC you drove the car home from Ross's shop so I figure you have a few
thousand miles on it by now. I have the philosophy that a new engine should be
taken out to maximum rpm by 1000km (approx 650miles) if you want it run in
properly.

If your talking about 6500rpm on a Solex car it will be fine. At 5500rpm
horsepower should still be increasing along with the fun factor.

I've been known to take mine well 7500 but it was built to cope with that.

Regards,
Phill Brook
www.users.bigpond.com/fairlady