SRL311-00489 update and rev question.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SRL311-00489 update and rev question.
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:49:05 -0800
Hello All,

Well, it's been two months since I received my 67.5 2000 from restoration. I
have driven the car on weekends and have taken it to work to show it off
twice. My boss is a convert to Datsuns, but his tastes are more towards the
Italian. I have ridden in his 1964 GT250 and I must say the Italians do know
how to make sports cars. Still, he told me that my car could easily stay
with his in the turns and probably could outhandle him. On the straights his
car would eat the roadster alive.

The car has performed very well and I just put in the 6K rev chip in the
MSD. Brings up a question: Do you think the car could take the 6500 with no
issues? The car is a rocket with the 5500 chip in it. I think the 6K is a
good bet.

The car has had some start up issues, but nothing major. Lubed the front end
today and then flushed the cooling system. Changed the oil. Nary a drop
burned or lost. After driving on the Volvo brakes for two months I can say
it is one hell of a good upgrade. Smooth and quiet deceleration.

The Solex carbs are always fun and that familiar drone and gurgle I can hear
all the time. The car goes to the cam about 35-3700 rpm and I have yet to
wind the engine all the way up as the rev limiter has kept me honest until I
get it broken in.

It has its first nicks and scratches, but nothing serious. The car has been
a pleasure.

I hope everyone had very happy holidays and I wish the world a peaceful
2004.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex
SRL311-00489