and you thought roadster parts were expensive

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: and you thought roadster parts were expensive
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:27:00 EST
Hello all,

       Happy holidays to everyone. Too much snow here in Las Vegas so I could
not go to work today, darn the luck. Along with tinkering with some SU carbs,
I did some work on the mill that I am refurbishing. Pulled the main spindle
bearings out. Two tapered rollers and races and a sealed ball bearing. Went to
the bearing store to get replacments. The sealed ball bearing was easy,
$56.00. The total for the other two was over $900.00, and an eigth week
delivery
time. Glad I've been saving up my allowance, for a while. Fortunatly those are
the biggest ones. The rest should not be quite so bad.
       I think I'll spend some time working on the new exhaust system for the
'66 1600.

       keith