Re: is this engine blown?

To: <hallosb@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: is this engine blown?
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:02:06 -0800
Sigh... absolutely correct, at 1st sign of lost oil pressure, shut down the
engine ASAP, and don't start it again.

Happened to our Maxima once. The wife noticed something wrong with the
engine and lost oil pressure, drove the car off the freeway and it was
making a horrible racket by the time she got it in the driveway (less than a
mile from the freeway offramp). The oil filter had spun off. Prior to that
the engine was in superb condition. At the driveway, the engine seized and
everything was toast. Cost $3000 to replace it. Towing from the freeway at
first sign of oil loss would have been much cheaper.

Fred - SSF, CA
'66 2L Lucy

<snip>

> Whenever you lose oil pressure, shut down your engine and do not start it
> again until you've investigated the problem.

<snip>