Re: Squeak was a Clink, I think

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Squeak was a Clink, I think
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:00:01 EST
Hi All,

    Thanks for all the responses to my squeaky roadster question. I think I
finally nailed the bug and I can't believe it's escaped me for this long. I am
definitely a candidate for the Hall of Shame on this one.
   After checking all the things suggested, and running out of ideas again I
focused on the trunk lid latch. There was no play whatsoever when closed but
when I went to open it with the key noticed that familiar pitch. These
key/latches are all made of metal and spring. There is no rubber or plastic to
insulate any friction in this area and I believe the tinny little spring was
rubbing
against the latch or key lever. I jammed a peice of foam rubber in the latch
against the spring and  of course I sprayed the heck out of it with WD-40 as
well since there was a little rust. Drove around a few blocks and so far no
squeak. Sounds can be so deceiving. What I thought to be a squeak was actually
clinking sound.
   Any ways, thanks for all your responses, and happy roadstering.

                        Tom Prather 69/2.0