Re: 2 cylinder 2000 solex problem

To: Geegc@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 cylinder 2000 solex problem
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:12:08 -0700 (PDT)
     Gary

  If  this is occuring only at idle: the idle adjustment screws over the throat
of each barrel may not be turned out enough. These screws are brass and I have
seen people bottom them out and twist the pointed tip off in the casting. Years
and years of bottoming the screw and then backing it to the set idle weakens
the brass tip. God help you if this is the issue.
     If it occurs off idle and into the" part throttle" pilot system  and then
progresses into the mains it is something else. Dean

Geegc@aol.com wrote:
Just got the engine back in my black one, 2L solex, and was able to get it
started, but it is running only on 2 cylinders. The #2 and #3.

Here is what I tried so far, replaced the plugs, rotor cap, plug wires,
switched the wires, and it still runs the same with the #1 and #4 plugs
disconnected or connected. If I pull the #2 or #3 it stalls right away.

I think it is the solex carbs, but they were opened up and adjusted by the
guy who did the engine, and I think he knows what he is doing.

Any bright ideas, or I walk to Solvang from LA this year.

Gary C
red 1600
red 1600
black solex that is never ending aggravation