Re: battery problem on '69 1600 (I hope)

To: Eric Corwin <ecorwin@uchicago.edu>
Subject: Re: battery problem on '69 1600 (I hope)
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:39:39 -0500 (CDT)
Eric,

There are a couple of things that could be causing the problem.

The battery itself could be defective. Charging it up and then checking it
would tell if hthat is the case or not.

There could also be a current draw somewhere onthe car that is draining
the battery. After you drive around to charge the battery, park it and
disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. Measure the
battery voltage, then leave it alone until the next day then check the
battery voltage again. It should be about the same as what you measured
the day before. If it is, you have someting draining the battery.

Check that out and let us know what you find.

Oh, if Sears says you need anything other than a battery, go somewhere
else and get a second opinion before you have them replace anything.

Peace,
Pat

 - Support Habitat for Humanity, A "hand up", not a
"hand out" -

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA