Many thanks to Fresno folks for great weekend!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Many thanks to Fresno folks for great weekend!
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:41:56 -0700
Many thanks to all the Fresno DROC crowd, both the visible (Looooouuuuuu!) and
behind the scenes folks, for a wonderful event.  While I was roadster-less
because of child car seat necessities, the warm (understatement there) welcome
was certainly appreciated.  It emphasized for me that while the theme may be
the cars, it's the folks that make it.
While the wifey and 3 month old daughter went back to the motel for an A/C
induced nap, (not yet acclimated to 95+ degrees, who'da thunk) I pitched in as
ballast with Victor Laury during the fun run, which I would have to say,
Victor's 'spirited' driving style makes full use of both 'fun' and 'run'.  I
have a newfound assessment of how much farther these little cars can be pushed,
although new tires are certainly in order before I go following Victor thru the
canyons again.
The Show-and-Shine display was eye-popping!  Not only the unique
interpretations and purpose built cars (aka rocket ships) in the custom class,
but the level of detail in all of the stock classes as well.   I could have
burned up a few dozen pictures amongst the engine swaps alone.  And for those
of us whose preferences (and/or budget) don't allow us to make the grade, I
would encourage some proud signage on the windshield of 'projects completed
since last year' or 'total miles since last year', as I know my ~3000
miles/year for last 4 years is a badge of pride for me.
Once again many thanks,
Fergus O, 69 2000 still in use (spirited local drives during nap times, lookout
neighbors!), HB, CA