Re: Dim Headlights

To: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Subject: Re: Dim Headlights
From: "res1a278" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:25:17 -0700
John,

I had exactly the same thing happen to me on my 69 (with one fuse)!  I
thought I had toasted something.  I just couldn't figure out why my drivers
side headlight was dim and why I couldn't get the lights off of high beam.
Also, as I seem to recall (but I just might be mixing up with another
situation), I had no interior lights when my symptoms occurred?   I found by
accident that thumping under the dash near the column sometimes caused it to
go away and I spent hours trying to figure out what was loose - I was led
astray.   On a whim one night, I decided to feel the fuse temp (as you
indicated in your previous note) and in doing so - I realized that the fuse
was not fully engaged - one little push and, whah lah, the problem was gone!
This is one I hadn't encountered in my previous life.

I agree once again - very weird symptoms!

It's always an adventure.
Jon

For all you folks who think it's never sunny in the NW - we've had some
perfect roadster days between those rainy ones.  It's been wonderful.  I'm
hoping for another year like last year - 70 to 80 degrees with all the sun
you'ld ever want.