Frankenroadsters

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frankenroadsters
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:45:11 -0400
Laurie said it all.  here's what the owner had to tell me:

>The car was picked up at a salvage yard by uncle who owns a body shop. The
car was not damaged and could be driven out of the yard. 7000 on the tac,120
on the speedo, blk trim rings,dual master.I hope that helps you out. We had
the car for a long time and parts at that time for my Dad where hard to find
so that could be why things got mixed and matched.

I have a 68 2000 I'll be putting front fenders on. have a pair almost the
exact color of the rest of the car that are narrower flare than correct,
came off a 67.5 1600 but look to be 65-67 fenders. have more early than late
fenders. would it be so terrible to go ahead and put them on? will everyone
rant and rave and want to castigate me if I make a bastard out of the car?
has a wood dash and Corvette seats already....saving my nicer correct
67.5-early 68 fenders for the 67.5 2000's I'm putting together....

I don't think I'd nit-pik a car like this too much, sorta like a car with a
non-original dash or unusual engine color- it's a real nice car, fun to
drive I'm sure, makes one happy to drive it and others happy to see it, just
won't take first place at the shows. if you like the car, it's worth
whatever you want to spend on it.

just my two cents...
Craig